School Psychologist K-12: Ms. Eklof
School Psychologists work to find the best solution for each student and situation; they use different strategies to address student needs and to improve school and district wide support systems.
School Psychologists provide the following services:
- Collaborate with teachers, parents, and administrators to find effective solutions to learning and behavior problems.
- Evaluate eligibility for special services.
- Assess academic skills and aptitude for learning.
- Determine social-emotional development and mental health status.
- Evaluate learning environments.
- Provide psychological counseling to help resolve interpersonal or family problems that interfere with school performance.
- Work directly with children and their families to help resolve problems in adjustment and learning.
- Develop partnerships with parents and teachers to promote healthy school environments.
- Research and Planning
- Evaluate the effectiveness of academic and behavior management program
“Let each become all he or she is capable of becoming.”